Tom is a corporate lawyer with particular experience in the life sciences sector. He advises on equity capital markets transactions, including IPOs and secondary fundraisings, private M&A and public takeovers. Tom acts for private and listed companies and for life sciences teams at brokers and investment banks. Clients value Tom’s pragmatic and commercial approach and his ability to guide them smoothly through transactions.
Tom’s life sciences experience includes advising:
- NetScientific on its acquisition of EMV Capital, Rule 9 waiver and simultaneous placing.
- BTG in relation to its joint underwritten cash box placing in connection with the acquisition of PneumRx, Inc.
- Novacyt SA, a French incorporated diagnostics company with headquarters in the UK, on its AIM IPO which constituted a dual listing with the existing listing on Euronext Growth Paris.
- Northland Capital Partners in its role as Nomad and broker to Evegen Pharma on its AIM IPO.
- A FTSE 250 healthcare company in relation to a private acquisition of a university spin out.
- In relation to a multi-jurisdictional joint venture over Finnish pharmaceuticals company.
- Oriel in its role as Nomad and broker to Rex Bionics, provider of electronic mobility devices, in relation to an acquisition and re-admission to AIM.
- BTG on the pre-pack acquisition of assets of SCM Pharma.
- BTG on its £177 million takeover of Biocompatibles plc by way of scheme of arrangement.