Justin is a partner in the firm’s regulatory and economic crime practice. Justin is a former prosecutor who acts for corporates and individuals in investigations facing regulators and prosecutors in the UK, Europe, Asia and North America. He has advised and represented clients across a number of sectors, including the pharmaceuticals and life sciences sector. Justin is recognised in the directories as a leading individual and has been described by clients as ‘superb’, an ‘exceptional lawyer’, ‘structured, calm and thorough’ and ‘excellent at handling multi-jurisdictional investigations’.
Justin’s life sciences experience includes advising:
- A global pharmaceutical company in respect of a transfer pricing tax dispute.
- A global pharmaceutical company on its self-report to the MHRA.
- A UK-based pharmaceutical company on an internal investigation into highly sensitive issues.
- A medicine and healthcare products regulatory agency on conducting an extensive investigation.
- A pharmaceutical company in respect of alleged breaches of EU regulations.
Justin McClelland is a first-class litigator, whose calmness under fire reflects his military background.